Followers

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Join the Challenge and Let’s Quit Smoking Together – Day 4

Join the Challenge and Let’s Quit Smoking Together.

Day 4

Welllllll, Im go start off by saying I didn’t smoke more than 8 yesterday.  I had several setbacks that I have to be honest about in order for this method to work for me.  I started this challenge off saying that I wouldn’t use any medicines to quit. Honestly this is harder than I expected it to be. I have been planning on quiting for a while now.  I want to make a long story short. I went to the store yesterday and purchased nicotine gum and patches to help me a little bit with the cravings. I had my first smoke at 5:30 yesterday morning but I was craving for another one before 7am.  I wanna follow my Day 1 chart as much as possible so I brought the gum.  But i also read that I could have a nicotine overdose if I smoke and chew the gum or the patches.  I didn’t want to take those chances, plus I had a busy day to keep my mind off smoking.  I also brought some grapes and peanuts to help with cravings the rest of the day.  The rest of the day was a lot easier. I ate 2 pieces of the gum and ate all of the grapes. I need to figure out something else other than eating. I can use a few extra pounds but I don’t want to do a weight lost challenge 6 months from now. 

I will update tomorrow.  I dont plan on smoking any more than 1 r 2 today. If I smoke that many.  I haven’t smoked any yet so far!!!!

I noticed that I’m  not hungry like I thought I would be.  Im not sure if thats a good thing or not

Day 3

Ok, yesterday I only smoked 8 cigs the whole day but I was so busy I didn’t have a lot of extra time. I am not a public smoker,  I try not to smoke in public places due to respect for other people with health issues and secondhand smoke.

It was very easy for me to only smoke 8 yesterday, but I am back home working today.

I will attempt to only smoke 8 cigarettes again today and that should cut a few days off of my quit date goal.

I am still using the chart I created on Day 1.

I took 8 out of the pack I have and put the rest in the freezer. I kept an old box for this purpose.

If I have any left at the end of today I plan on throwing them away instead of adding them to another day.

I feel like the hard part haven’t started yet. Today will be my real test.

I will update with my results from today.

Day 2

I smoked 11 cigarettes yesterday, If I follow the Quit Challenge method it will take me 12 days to quit smoking.

I have decided to set my quit date for 30 days from now. This can happen before 30 days, but I wanted to give myself plenty of time to complete the process without feeling rushed.

Quit Date 2/13/2018

Wish me luck.

Feel free to share your results, quit date and any advice.

I have made the commitment to only smoke 10 cigarettes today.

You don’t have to add the time everyday, but this will help you choose a timeframe to skip a cigarette and replace it with another activity.

I will try to use the times from day 1 to help stay on track.

For example my first cigarette from day 1 was at 6:08am.  I will use that time to determine when I can have my first smoke everyday by adding approx. 30 mins before and after the time I smoked on day 1.

Example:

Cigeratte 1 – 5:30 – 6:30 am

Cigarette 6 – 12:30 – 1:30 pm

 

Cigarette Time Whole/Half Notes Day 2 Notes Day 3 Notes Day 4 Notes Day 5 Notes
1 6:08 AM Whole  +
2 8:01 whole
3 9:36 AM Half
4 11:18 AM whole
5 12:25 PM whole
6 1:00 PM Half
7 3:14 PM whole
8 6:08 PM whole
9 6:56 PM half
10 8:33 PM whole
11 10:13 PM whole

 

Click Here for more information on how this Challenge/Method work.

Join The Challenge, Let’s Quit Together.
presyousshopping.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/lets-quit-together/.

 

I will update tomorrow with my progress.

I will also update daily with at least 1 motivational quote that I feel will help someone that is trying to quit.

 



from WordPress https://presyousshopping.wordpress.com/2018/01/16/join-the-challenge-and-lets-quit-smoking-together-day-4/
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment